For this parish the normal collection day is Tuesday.
Click here for the recycling and waste collection calendar (to November 2022
Garden Waste Service update, December 2021
Click here for the calendar to March 2022. North Somerset Council says::
'The garden waste collection service doesn’t operate for a four-week period around Christmas. This happens every year to account for the extra Christmas waste. This year, there are no garden waste collections between 18 December - 16 January.
Your first garden waste collection of 2022 will be during the period Monday 17 January - Friday 11 February 2022. Christmas trees can be put out on your garden waste collection day during these four weeks. Check your garden waste collection calendar here. Due to the format of the four weekly collections, some households will not have a collection until the beginning of February.
Unfortunately, the service will remain on four-weekly collections until the end of March. This is due to ongoing driver shortages. The continued disruption to your garden waste service will be accounted for in the recompense provided. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.'
Home composting is the cheapest and most environmentally friendly way to dispose of garden waste. Over 2,800 subsidised home composters have been bought through the website at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/composting and we are starting to explore community composting opportunities.
For information about visiting North Somerset Council's Recycling Centres click here
How to help:
- Put bins and containers out by 7am on your collection day.
- If collections are missed from the whole street there is no need to report it as it will already be logged.
- Remove all packaging from inside cardboard boxes, flatten and fold to the length of your recycling box.
- Extra general waste that does not fit in your black bin will not be collected and should be taken to a recycling centre, or stored until your next collection.
- Please help neighbours who may have difficulties.